ITALIAN MAGIC
So there's a new manager for the England football squad! He'll have a few problems in the dressing room at half-time. Nice thing about the Italian language is that even when the Italians are upset with you it still sounds great. And so does their cover for The Devil's Breath. You could actually buy the Italian copy, have the English copy next to it - and learn the language. I'm going to be in a fix if they ever invite me to give a reading though.
Thought you might like to see how it looks.
Il Respiro del Diavolo. I think that sounds cool.
And there's even the website in Italian. www.max-gordon.it
PS: Builders still here - had to rescue one of the cats who decided to test out the wet 15cm of new concrete floor. Reminded me of when I was eight and was playing on the building site of the new Albany cinema being built in Maghull, Liverpool. We used to live over the chippy. I found a huge sludge pile or something similar to concrete - and started to sink. It was like quicksand. My frends ran off an got my dad who pulled me out in the nick of time. He carried me home over his shoulder. I died with embarassment. My wellies are still in the foundations though I don't even know if the Albany is still there. It's probably knocked down and rebuilt as flats. Wonder if the builders ever found my wellies. Maybe they thought the rest of me was in there somewhere.
6 comments:
Hello Mr Gilman. I've just spent a very pleasant half-hour reading every word of your blog and website. I enjoyed The Devil's Breath enormously (one of the most compelling opening scenes of any adventure story I've read). All the best with Ice Claw - great title. Best wishes, Steve
Hello, Steve. Kind of you to leave a comment. I've just checked out Yellowcake Conspiracy. It's a great cover and a fascinating subject. I wish you well with it. You live in an amazing part of the world. I used Tuaregs (very, very briefly) in my latest Danger Zone book, dragging them a little farther north than they should be. But I was fascinated by their culture, especially their beliefs and the role their women play.
Very best wishes.
David Gilman
Hello Mr Gilman.
I had for cristmas your book and i liked it very much.
It has made my train travels for going to school less boring.
It there will be a sequel of the book?
Best wishes, Nicola.
(I'm italian and i'm only 16 so don't pay too much attention for my english... thanks)
Hello Nicola
It was very nice to hear from you and I am pleased you enjoyed my book. Yes, there is going to be a sequel, in fact I have just finished it - the title is Ice Claw and will be published in UK in June/July 2008.So, I am sure the Italian edition will follow soon after. In fact I am just about to start Book3 in Max Gordon's Danger Zone series. I'll let everyone know via the blog how it's going - or not going! I am busy trying to trace my family tree at the moment as my great-great-grandfather was Italian. His name was Pietro Bordessa. And your English is very good!
Best wishes
David
Wow that's great... i'll try to wait for the italian version, but i think i'll try to find the english version (is better to read something in the original version), maybe in Milan it is possible to find a copy.
I never heard that surname before, Bordessa, so i don't think that your great-great-grandfather was from my province. Sorry i couldn't help you for that.
Good luck for the third book and hope that next books will be as good as the first.
Nicola
Hi David, I found your page while searching for information on my family tree. I read that you are looking for information on your great-great-grandfather Pietro Bordessa. Well my name is also Pietro Bordessa & although I do not have much information to help you in your search, I was wondering if you had any information on the Bordessa family tree that could help me in mine?
Post a Comment