Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Day of Big Egg

So that was day one of the book tour for The Devil's Breath. I had a great day at West Hatch High School where Jane Davidson did a 10/10 reception for me, and her son had done a brilliant screen promo on the school's monitors. It was like going to Hollywood (well, almost, Hollywood is... I'll tell you about that another time) seeing Max Gordon and Danger Zone on the big screens. There were two groups for my talk and the girls in the first group calling themselves The Survivors, won my quiz in the first group (girls are usually big winners for this quiz even the girls at Puffin got high scores) but the boys got full marks in the second group, though with such a perfect score I reckon they had inside help. Well done everyone, and thanks for being such a great audience.

1 comment:

Jayne Davidson said...

So glad that you enjoyed the time at West Hatch as much as we enjoyed meeting you and listening to your stories. All the staff you met were extremely complimentary (not always easily impressed!)on the sessions and I am looking forward to students giving us some feedback tomorrow and hearing what they think of Max Gordon.
Keep you posted.